Shabby Shablon

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Decorating ideas: floral stairs

How have you been gals? I know you've been waiting for a new entry, but please take my apologies. These days I've been kinda exhausted with my job. In addition I got my main computer broken what means I'm not able to make graphics! Well I hope the repair won't take a lot of time. Yet you still can enjoy some new pretties. ;)

Well you may already have seen my new Christmas room, right? ;) This entry will be about floral stairs which you can see in the right corner of the room.


I must say that I am in love with this kind of decor! Here I am sharing the how-to tips with you.
To have 5 staircase steps with railing, you need this equipment:

  1. Basic wall white from BASIC DECOR (100 SC), 9 items.
  2. Beauty box from GLAMOUR (3 SD), 5 items.
  3. Jungle swing from GOLDEN SANDS (65 SC), as many as you need I bought 9 items.
  4. Bronze tiki torch or Wooden tiki torch from GOLDEN SANDS (18-20 SD) or smth like that...
Go to your suite and scale to max five of walls like that:


And the rest four of them rotate and scale like that:


The boxes must be rotated by 180°.


NB. To rotate items more precisely, hold on the Shift key while rotating them.

Next step. Place the vertical wall upon one of the boxes:


Then place the horizontal wall upon the construction:


Here's the second box:



And then place other walls in the same order.


Finally you should get something like that:


Yeah there is some strange shadow play, but it still looks quite stylish, doesn't it? ;)
Well okay we made staircase, now we need to make a railing. I used this torch, but you know I was just too lazy to find more appropriate one. Here are the torch and the swings I found in the suite shop. I guess they  perfectly fit in!



Now do like me. I can't explain what I did (sorry for my poor English), just look at the picture and I hope you'll understand what I mean:

Don't forget to hide all the ends!
You can use any wallpapers, just put them right after the vertical walls, under the boxes:

Yay it looks soo sweet! ^^
Final price of the decoration: 1485 SC and 33-35 SD. Yet it's not cheap, but it's worth it!

At last here's some yummy pictures of floral staircases in real life:



I wish I had THIS in my flat, but there is no opportunity since I have only one floor... ;D

Well that's all, I know you enjoyed the entry, so stay tuned for more pretty things!

Flowery bye!

PS. By the way I turned on some cool features in my blog! First, now you can rate my entries. ^^
And secondly from today you can give me ideas or requests for new entries! Just visit my page Shabbystardoll at formspring.me and ask about anything pretty!


Listen or download Pur:Pur Flowers for free on Prostopleer

14 comments:

  1. pretty indeed ♥ thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's wonderful! I love it!*O*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful *.* I'm going to try it in my suite ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure try it and let me know how it looks like ;)

      Delete
  4. I just wonder how much precision and time those designs take... I adore your style,your doll is my inspiration.Are you looking for writers?I`d love to write for this beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much time ^^
      Thank you for compliments!
      I didn't think about writers, but if I need I'll tell you, for sure! Thanks for the offer! ;)

      Delete
  5. Cool thanks for showing us that
    Please vist me I'm lisa7835

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing!! I'll try it in my suite :)
    Lizzie.Planetti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!

      I hope that you visit my suite. I did the floral stairs in my alpine chalet, thank you for the advice!
      You are an inspiration to me!

      Lizzie.Planetti

      Delete
  7. hard to get right visit me billymydog

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? ^^